Sunday, October 3, 2010

Back again

Yes, i have been back for some time! the voyage from Isafjörður to Reykjavik went well, but walking around in Reykjavik made me walk like a drunk man, due to the long time spent at sea;0)

Early next day after arriving in Reykjavik, Anna and I flew to Copenhagen where my parents picked us up. we were all going to celebrate the 60 year anniversary of the Sirius patrol, on a hotel in Jutland. almost 120 Sirius people showed up with their wifes and girlfriends, some coming from Greenland, some from Jerusalem, Norway, Iceland and elsewhere...

it was great fun  to meet old and new friends and spend the day and evening together telling old stories about dogs, snow and similar experiences during more than 26 months in NE-Greenland.

on monday we flew back to Iceland, as Anna needs to work to provide for me and i have some more work to do on my thesis...

i have been asked to come to Antartica as a guide and lecturer on board the Fram ( same ship as this trip), and after some short thinking i accepted. it is not every day you get a chance like this, to work with some nice people, see penguins and see the other icy world...

The first trip will be like this...

therefore i will travel to Buenos Aires in the end of this month and come back in the end of December. i look very much forward to these voyages, unless crossing the Drake passage, as i get quite easy sea-sick...but eating some pills and keeping my food inside my stomach is one of my goals!

                                                                                          The last two trips will be like this

You can follow my journey from my Icelandic blog, www.bjarki-iceland.blogspot.com

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ab?ad?b

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, may all your wishes come true!

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for such amazing ideas!!! I'll be your follower, lots of interesting stuff here.

Anonymous said...

Good article. Thank you.
http://buyzolpidem-zolpidem.blogspot.com/2011/01/buy-veronal.html

Erectile Dysfunction said...

I really liked your article.

Anonymous said...


I am not sure where you are getting your information, but great topic.

Anonymous said...

Favoured friends, when I take not asked on secure anyone to alleviate, but soul is such a cruel act, that
organize to beg in the course of help. I'm in a very critical locale, ask Your friends, help
they can, how much can. I choice be pure appreciative to You.
Perfect Money U 1557851 E 1512655 post: alexxx767@gmail.com
PayPal : alexxx767@gmail.com